2016 Annual Point-in-Time Count (PIT), Housing Inventory Count (HIC), and Project Homeless Connect (PHC)
The 2017 Point-in-Time Count (PIT) of homeless persons and Housing Inventory Count (HIC) will be conducted the night of January 24, 2017. The U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development requires the collection of PIT and HIC data for one night each year to assist in measuring the extent of homelessness within Alaska. This data is later used to advocate for federal and state funding to assist Alaska’s homeless. In addition, this data has been a useful tool for housing planning activities in local communities.
Communities throughout the state are also hosting a Project Homeless Connect (PHC) which is a one-day event to provide housing and services in a convenient one-stop model directly to individuals experiencing homelessness or at-risk of homelessness.
Please review the information below to determine your organizations role in this important effort.
2017 Point-in-Time Count
DOWNLOAD FORMS (Print on Legal Paper, Landscape, Two-Sided):
This form should be completed if:
1. All beds in a facility/program operated by your agency are NOT listed in HMIS/Service Point, then the persons/households residing in the facility/program should be entered and recorded on this form. For those programs reporting data through HMIS, the PIT data will be pulled directly from HMIS and you will not need to complete the PIT form. However, all data for the night of January 24th must be complete in HMIS by February 10, 2017; or
2. Your community is conducting an unsheltered street count, this form should be completed.
Point-in-Time Form Training Opportunities
- January 12, 2017 at 2:00 pm: Unsheltered Count Training for Community Leadership. This training will provide community leadership an opportunity to review the form and ask questions as they prepare to train their volunteers on how to complete the form.
- Call-In Number: 1-877-873-8018
- Access Code: 5288816
- January 20, 2017 at 1:00 pm: Training for Emergency Shelter or Transitional Housing Providers that DO NOT Enter Data into HMIS
- Follow this link to register for the training: https://attendee.gototraining.com/r/3464337218387985922
- January 26, 2017 at 1:00 pm: Training for individuals entering PIT data into HMIS for their unsheltered count. Follow this link to register for the training: https://attendee.gototraining.com/r/4317332841859922945
2017 Housing Inventory Count:
DOWNLOAD FORM: 2017 Housing Inventory Count Form
The HIC is an inventory of projects throughout Alaska that provide beds and units dedicated to serve persons who are homeless. All projects providing beds/units on the night of January 24, 2017 that are dedicated to serving homeless persons, or for permanent housing projects, dedicated for persons who were homeless at entry, must complete a HIC form.
Housing Inventory Count Form Training Opportunities
- January 17, 2017 at 1:30 pm: Follow this link to register for the training - https://attendee.gototraining.com/rt/385453971964019458
- January 19, 2017 at 10:00 am: Follow this link to register for the training - https://attendee.gototraining.com/rt/385453971964019458
2017 Project Homeless Connect:
DOWNLOAD FORM (Print on Legal Paper, Portrait): 2017 Project Homeless Connect Form
Communities conducting a Project Homeless Connect (PHC) event should utilize this PHC form to ensure all required data elements are captured for reporting purposes. PHC data should be entered into HMIS by Friday, February 10, 2017.
Project Homeless Connect Form Training Opportunities
- January 18, 2017 at 10:00 am: PHC Data Collection Training for individuals who will be completing PHC forms with PHC participants during the event. Follow this link to register for the training: https://attendee.gototraining.com/rt/338941331775193090
- January 18, 2017 at 2:00 pm: PHC Data Collection Training for individuals who will be completing PHC forms with PHC participants during the event. Follow this link to register for the training: https://attendee.gototraining.com/rt/338941331775193090
- January 23, 2017 at 10:00 pm: Training for individuals entering PHC data into HMIS. Follow this link to register for the training: https://attendee.gototraining.com/rt/8320400691204888322
- January 23, 2017 at 2:00 pm: Training for individual entering PHC data into HMIS. Follow this link to register for the training: https://attendee.gototraining.com/rt/8320400691204888322
Deadlines and Contact Information - Important!
Housing Inventory Chart forms should be returned to Alissa Parrish, Institute for Community Alliances via email at firstname.lastname@example.org by Wednesday, February 10, 2017.
Project Homeless Connect and Point in Time Forms should be used on the day of the event and input into the Alaska Homeless Management Information System
|2017 AK Point-in-Time Data Collection Form||47 KB|
|2017 AK Point-in-Time Data Collection Form - DV Providers||97 KB|
|2017 AK Housing Inventory Count Form||47.5 KB|
|2017 AK Project Homeless Connect Form||154.5 KB|