FY17 HUD Continuum of Care Program
HUD has released the Notice of Funding Availability (NOFA) for the FY17 Continuum of Care Program. Visit the HUD Exchange site to find links to the FY17 NOFA, Policy Documents, and other related resources.
The Alaska Coalition on Housing and Homelessness (AKCH2) carries out the day to day management of the Balance of State Continuum of Care (CoC) Grant Program (AK-501). Between a combination of HUD and Emergency Solutions Grants (ESG), the CoC program is designed to promote community-wide commitment to the goal of ending homelessness; provide funding for efforts by nonprofit providers, and State and local governments to quickly rehouse homeless individuals and families while minimizing the trauma and dislocation caused to homeless individuals, families, and communities by homelessness; promote access to and effect utilization of mainstream programs by homeless individuals and families; and optimize self-sufficiency among individuals and families experiencing homelessness. The Balance of State CoC geographic area covers all of Alaska, outside of the city of Anchorage, and is the largest in size in the country. To participate in the Anchorage CoC Program (AK-500), please visit the Anchorage Coalition to End Homelessness website. Visit the following links to learn more about the HUD CoC program:
Final FY17 CoC Competition Funding Recommendations
On September 7th, 2017, the AKCH2 Board voted on the final FY17 Balance of State CoC Funding Recommendations. As identified by the Board, funding opportunities for Housing First projects in Alaska are extremely limited yet the demand for this type of housing intervention continues to increase. This year, we received renewal applications from all current grantees, two funding expansion requests, and four new applications. It was the most competitive funding cycle we have had since the coalition began managing the Continuum of Care grant program.
The applicant ranking sheet and Board funding recommendations, Collaborative Application, and Project Priority Listing can be found in the following links:
- Alaska Balance of State FY17 CoC Funding Recommendations
- FY17 AK BoS CoC Collaborative Application
- FY17 AK BoS CoC Project Priority Listing
For agencies that were recommended funding, please submit your applications in e-snaps by September 15, 2017. If you have questions about how to enter your information into e-snaps, please contact Carrie Collins at firstname.lastname@example.org or 907-330-8276.
The AKCH2 Board would like to thank all of the organizations that submitted applications for this funding cycle. If you have any questions regarding the funding recommendations, please contact Brian Wilson at email@example.com or 907-523-0660.
alaska balance of state coc competition timeline
- Monday, July 24th – 10:00 AM
- CoC Committee meeting; Approve Application Documents & Choose Review Team
- Friday, July 28th – 9:00 AM
- Information Meeting with Grantees and Prospective Applicants. Application Documents Reviewed. (1-877-644-5260 Code: 257227; Screen Share Link: join.me/AlaskaHomeless)
- Thursday, August 17th, 3:00 PM
- Grantee Applications Due (Submit to: firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Monday, August 28th
- CoC Committee Review Team Meeting
- Thursday, September 7th, 10:00 AM
- AKCH2 Board Approval of Recommended Funding Ranking List (1-877-644-5260 Code: 257227; Screen Share Link: join.me/AlaskaHomeless)
- Wednesday, August 30th
- Grantees Announced & Posted to Website
- August 30th – September 15th
- Grantees Post Information into E-Snaps
- September 28th, 4:00 PM
- Submit Collaborative Application
Alaska Balance of State CoC Application Documents
Application documents for current grantees applying for renewal funds:
- FY17 CoC Renewal Application - PDF / Word
- FY17 CoC Scoring Sheet - Renewal Project
- FY17 CoC Project Leverage Sheet
Application documents for new applicants or current grantees applying for expansion funds:
- FY17 CoC New or Expansion Project Application - PDF / Word
- FY17 CoC Scoring Sheet - New or Expansion Project
- FY17 CoC Project Leverage Sheet
If you have any questions about the Alaska Balance of State Continuum of Care Program, please contact Brian Wilson at email@example.com or 907-523-0660.